Weed is Legal: What that means for your nightlife experience
October 24, 2018
Weed Is Legal! What a time to be alive. Fast forward 20 years from now, kids are going to ask you “Whoa, what was it like when Cannabis wasn’t legal?” Weird right?!? With the official legalization of marijuana this past Wednesday, you probably have a few questions about consuming it during your nightlife or concert experiences.
Can you bring cannabis into a nightclub? A concert venue? How much can you bring? What can you smoke it out of?
Don’t worry, we got you – the INK Entertainment team has answers! Here are 5 easy guidelines for using cannabis at any INK venue:
- Only individuals 19 years or older can possess or consume cannabis – Same for alcohol, same for weed. Simple.
- The legal purchasing outlet is the Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) – Don’t purchase off some random person outside.
- The legal allowable quantity is 30 grams of dried legal cannabis and its oil equivalent – No one is going to smoke 30 grams in one night – Only bring what you need.
- Cannabis can be brought inside venues but can only be smoked in the designated outdoor smoking areas – Bundle up! Winter is coming.
- Permitted items to smoke cannabis at a venue are joints, vapes and smaller plastic pipes – Leave your 10ft bong at home, bro.
TL;DR: Smoke it if you got it! Make sure you’re within these guidelines and you’ll have a dope night.